Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmm

It snowed and sleeted in Wisconsin this morning.  The cars in the parking lot at school were icy and needed scraping.  I put my bags in the van, started the ignition and went to grab the scraper.  Being lucky enough to park my van in the garage and only scraping when absolutely necessary, I don't remember the last time I needed my scraper.  I dug around in the glove box, compartments and back of the van.  My husband has me outfitted with enough bungee cords and tow straps to tow a humvee, some electric reader thing, a poncho and everything I need to change a tire--most of these I will never use--but I do not have a scraper.  In Wisconsin. During winter.  Note to self--add a scraper to my van! After I waited for my front window to defrost enough for me to not be a safety hazard, I headed for home.  It is one o'clock (I work part-time).  What appeared to be a school-aged child was driving a riding lawn mower (????) down the sidewalk.  Again...I live in Wisconsin and it is winter.  There was no snow plow on the front of this lawn mower. REALLY? Things that make you go hmmmmm...


3 comments:

  1. That resourceful child may say the same to you with no scraper. In Wisconsin. In winter. Loved struggling with you as you looked and I can so relate to the randomness of items I have in my van. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used a lawn mower to pull the kids' sleds when they were little. Maybe they were going to pick up a passenger? Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love things that make you go hmmmmm because they make the best Slices! I can totally relate to needing that scraper so bad....and realizing too late that it is no where to be found. I can guarantee you'll find it in June. I love that you made a lost scraper into a Slice.

    ReplyDelete