Monday, March 2, 2015

It is March already!


7:30. Time to go.  My 5 year-old tossed his backpack and climbed into the back seat of the van.  I buckled him in and we were off to school.  I love driving him to school.  I love holding his hand while we walk across the parking lot.  I know my days of hand-holding on the way into school are limited, so I will enjoy it as long as it lasts. I love that I teach in the same building and he is just down the hall.  Sometimes we pass in the hall and the smile that lights up his face warms me to my core.

Today on our way to school, it dawned on me that it was March.  Wow. It feels like it was just September and he didn't need mittens and boots.  I am not sure where the last several months have gone.  Summer is three months away and his first year of school will be over.  This reminded me of what every parent of young children knows...time flies. So fast.


2 comments:

  1. So sweet. Enjoy those special moments, you are right in that he won't always want to hold your hand, but my son usually calls me every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like being in the same school as your son works perfectly for the two of you. I'm not sure how it got be March either, and time does fly. Weeks. Months. Years. Enjoy this stage, but know there are many more great ones to come.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete