Monday, March 9, 2015

Early Spring

When I walked into work this morning, it was 28 degrees. The melted puddles from yesterday were frozen and dangerous in the parking lot.  While I was in the school building, spring sprung! I walked out at 1:30 without a coat and it was 55 degrees! Water streamed downhill from melting snow.  The sun was shining brightly and I didn't need to turn on the heat in my van! Yay!

I am not foolish to believe winter is totally over...this is how spring in Wisconsin works. We get a few warm days (in March, warm equals anything over 40 degrees) and everyone bolts for the outdoors.  You will see people in shorts! Because I wanted so badly to take my kiddos outside, I DROVE them across our muddy, snowy, water-logged driveway to get to the road so they could run outside and ride bikes with their friends from up the road.  The grassy ground is still covered with snow, and there are puddles EVERYWHERE. This is early spring.  It will still freeze and it will still probably snow.  We will get a few days of warmer weather and then a few days of winter.  It will rain and most of the remaining snow will get washed away.  It will be very, very wet for awhile.  Eventually, though, the water will seep deep into the earth and grass will grow and tiny buds will begin to open and everything will turn green!

This time is so exciting...the anticipation of the soon to come spring season!! Rather than rush through it, let's enjoy it for what it is...and know that spring is coming!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Spring! It has come early to Washington state this year (thank goodness) and my crocuses are already blooming. -WW Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hooray for Spring! We totally enjoyed it yesterday. I don't wanna rush through it either.

    ReplyDelete