Monday, March 16, 2015

Every Time the Phone Rings

When I was a little girl, she dressed me up in make up and jewelry and her smile was full of love.  When I got a little older, we went shopping together and could spend the entire day at the mall, laughing and talking. When I had my third child, a little girl, she was so excited.  She loves little girls and dress up and jewelry and shopping.  She is my aunt, my mom's sister and she was a huge part of my childhood.

She is sick.  Very sick.  Hospice sick.  I am supposed to go see her on Thursday night.  She lives seven hours away.  I found myself checking my phone several times today to see if there was a message or a text from my mom.  I froze in fear a little each time.  I don't want my aunt to be in pain.  I don't want to lose my aunt.  I want to say good-bye on Thursday, but I don't want her to suffer.  Every time the phone rings I feel this internal struggle.  I keep remembering all the times she made me smile.  And I pray.  And I hope she knows she will always be in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. " And I hope she knows she will always be in my heart." She knows....because she shares all those wonderful memories that you have. I am so sorry to hear about the pain that both you and your aunt are going through, but I thank you for writing and sharing it with us. I wish the best for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read this post and know you're going through this. I'm positive your aunt knows how much you love her and how important she is to you. Prayers for peace and comfort for both you and her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful tribute to your aunt. So happy you have such special memories shared with her. I will pray that you find peace as she finds peace.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete