Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday Morning

No alarm. Ahhhh. Gentle light coming through the window and I lazily lean over to check the time.  I doze a little longer. Sweet children wander in and wake me with their warm smiles and bright eyes.

I love Saturdays.

Hot coffee in my hand, slippers on my feet, I notice a beautiful day is brewing outside. The sun is shining and I hear birds! They are quite boisterous with their songs this morning. It's like they are screaming, "It's Spring!! It's SPRING!!!"

I love Saturdays.

The whole day lies ahead. What will it bring? Lots of outside time, for sure.  The swing set and sand box are just calling for the children.  The chickens might get to move outside today.  The dead mums from last fall/winter are depressing; I should pull them and get the garden ready for fresh, green plants to grow.  It's Pi Day; I will make apple pie for dessert.  The house smells amazing when I bake an apple pie.

I love Saturdays.

It's a day for playing, cuddling children, making pancakes, catching up on laundry and sorting.  It's a day for no absolutes--nothing that HAS to be done, but lots of things that CAN be done.  It's a day for apple pie and playing outside and riding bikes.  It's a day to write with chalk on the sidewalk and grill steaks and notice the grass is just starting to turn green.

I love Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment