Wednesday, March 25, 2015

All the Married Ladies

Today after school, we celebrated a colleague's upcoming nuptials with a wedding shower.  We all wrote quotes about love and advice about marriage. Included were things like, "Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite," and advice about not going to bed mad--things like that.  As I was browsing Pinterest for ideas during lunch, I came across "Rules for a Happy Marriage." The list included things like, "Never both be angry at the same time," and "Never yell unless the house is on fire." Both of which, I really like.  I'm not saying I follow them all the time, but I like them--something to work towards. This little visit to Pinterest got me thinking.  Yes, most of that advice is great advice and I agree with the vast majority of it. With that being said, there are some things that your husband will do that WILL. DRIVE. YOU. CRAZY. And you will drive him a little crazy, too.  For examples, see Weird Things All Couples Fight About. I laughed so loud I cried.  Because I have had most of those fights with my husband. Good advice would be to gear up for that. :-) In the long run, these things don't really matter...but seriously, does it really take any longer to just open the dishwasher and stick the plate inside? BLAHHHHH!!! When you first get married, you just put the dish in the dishwasher, no big deal.  Then, you still put it away but you are slightly annoyed. Pretty soon you are 95% sure he leaves the plate there on purpose just to drive you crazy.  You start leaving the plate there and it turns into that suitcase on the stairs like on that old episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. True story.

Maybe we should start showing You Tube clips at showers.

3 comments:

  1. you are so right, but only us married ladies know that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, "but seriously, does it really take any longer to open the dishwasher?" Exactly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's advice had to deal with the bed. One wasn't never go to bed angry, it was you can sleep on the couch if you want to but half that bed is mine. The other was -- If you have company, don't give up your bed. They are sleeping in a strange bed anyway and you don't need to make yourself miserable. Mom and dad were married for 59 years. :-) Eventually you just have to ask them to put the dish in the dishwasher. Communication is key. :-)

    ReplyDelete