Friday, March 9, 2018

A Rascal

One of the perks of working in the same school as the one my children attend is that I get to hear stories of things they do and say from their teachers (my friends).

Our middle child, Jack, is a first grader. He is imaginative, fun-loving and can be absolutely exasperating at times. He is easily distracted and hilarious.  My blood pressure goes up every morning because getting him in the car to go to school can be quite the feat. He makes people laugh in Target as they pass us in the aisle because he has said something funny. He doesn't even have to try.

The other day, his teacher stopped me in the hall to tell me a funny story about Jack. Apparently they were reading  a story and word rascal was used. They were talking about what rascal means. They determined that  rascal was someone who often gets in trouble, but that this person did not intend to do anything to get in trouble...and my Jack said, "That's what I am!! I am a rascal!"

Today the word was stubborn. Jack announced he is that word, too.

It's been quite the week of self-discovery for Jack. I'm so glad he is finding himself. :-)

1 comment:

  1. HA! I love it. When my kids were younger we were all in the same school as well. There are definite perks and this is one of them. I always loved hearing the silly story from both my son or daughter's perspective and then the teacher too.

    ReplyDelete