Thursday, March 3, 2016

What I am Loving Right Now

I was inspired to write this by a blog I have recently discovered, Modern Mrs. Darcy. Anne Bogel writes about books, reading, life, kids, goals, marriage, inspiration--pretty much everything and I am really able to relate to her writing. She also has a podcast, which is on my list. I recently read a post she wrote about what is saving her right now. Sometimes I get to a point where life feels really hectic and I feel like I can barely keep my head above water; I am fairly certain this happens to us all at various points in our lives. This post reminded me to find think about those things that keep me grounded and give me moments of peace. When we think about all that is right about our day, we are much better able to handle all that isn't right about our day. So, here is a little list of little things I am loving right now.

1. Fixer Upper on HGTV. I LOVE watching what Joanna and Chip Gaines do to these houses!! I think my husband does NOT love this show, as I am constantly wandering around the house wondering where we could put shiplap and subway tile.
2. What Should I Read Next? Anne Bogel's podcast (see above) has quickly become my favorite thing to listen to in the car. She features a guest (usually a fellow blogger) and the guest shares his/her three favorite books, a book he/she hated and what he/she is reading right now. I love listening to WHY people love the books they love and what books they hate. A little side-note here; two of the seven or so guests have hated Go Set a Watchman...kind of makes me want to read it even more now just to see why. My to-read list is getting longer and longer and I tell all of my book-lover friends about this podcast!
3. LL Bean Slippers. Oh, I love my slippers. They keep my feet warm and they are wearing so well! They were so worth the money as I definitely splurged on these babies.
4. Aveda Hand Creme. It is still winter here in Wisconsin, which means seriously dry air. This hand creme smells amazing and soothes my dry, cracked hands. I love it.
5. Brass Tacks. This is a newer furniture and home furnishings consignment shop near where I live. They have amazing pieces and I am inspired to create when I go there! Imagine the best of what you would find at St. Vinny's or Goodwill and projects with milk paint already completed!
6. Ghiradelli Brownies. You know, the brownies you make from a mix from Costco...amazing!! Better than any homemade brownies I have ever made.

And there you have it...just a few things I am loving right now. What is something that would be on your list?

1 comment:

  1. It's always a good idea to take stock of what's good in our world at any given point. I will have to check out the Ghiradelli Brownie mix next time I get to a Costco. We don't have one in our town, but we are still members. I seem to go through a pair of slippers every year, so I will have to check on LL Bean's. In my world the sun is shining and that makes me happy. Next week has rain all week.

    ReplyDelete