Thursday, March 31, 2016

Failure

Spring Break Failure
I failed the writing challenge. Well, officially, anyway. Last week on Wednesday, I was packing and getting my family prepared to leave the next day for a Spring Break family road trip. By the time I sat down to write, it was 11:30 Wisconsin time…which meant it was 12:30 eastern time…I had missed the deadline. Disappointment washed over me. It had been going so well! I felt pretty bummed. I kept going, though. With a very long road trip on Friday, I wrote and then posted when we arrived at our destination. I kept going! Even though I had officially “failed” the writing challenge…I really didn’t fail. I was thinking about writing; I was drafting pieces in my head. Most importantly, I set aside time to write and made writing a priority in my life again, at least for the month of March. I participated in the writing challenge last year, too, and those posts are a record of my life at the time. I captured what was happening in my life, what I was feeling and what my thoughts were at that time. I am so grateful for this opportunity.

And then, I got really busy visiting family and missed posting two days in a row and REALLY failed the writing challenge. J

No comments:

Post a Comment