Friday, March 4, 2016

Happy Friday!

It has been quite a week and a half! After suffering with a pretty nasty sore throat for a few days, I finally decided it might not be a virus and called the clinic. Strep throat. It then worked its way through my three children at an interval of every few days. So far my husband does not appear to have it. By the third child, we didn't even have to go to the clinic; they just called in the prescription. So, four cases of strep, three visits to the clinic, three visits to the pharmacy--and a lengthy wait each time, mind you (my husband picked up the fourth prescription), four of us on amoxicillan ("Everyone line up for your medicine!"), and a few days off work and I think we are on the mend. During that week and a half, we have also had dentists appointments, we have (almost!) potty-trained the two year-old, AND this week was Read Across America Day AND our literacy night at school, which are big events for this teacher. And now it is Friday (breath of relief). As I sit and I look out the window at the snowy landscape and sip my coffee, I breathe in the moment of peace and quiet. Here's to a wonderful weekend to all!

3 comments:

  1. Can you put just a bit more on that plate of yours? Thank goodness for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do hope you feel better! Here's to a weekend of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I got strep right before the winter break, and then my daughter got it too. Mine was so bad by the time I realized what was going on that the doctor took a look down my throat and told the nurse to put the test strips away; no need when he could confirm it visually. Then I got a shot of penicillin! Sounds like you have been stunningly busy despite all that.

    ReplyDelete