Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday Dinner

Earlier today, my mother-in-law called and invited us over to dinner. My husband's stepsister was coming with the new baby and she was making spaghetti. Sounded great to me! I threw the pork chops I had thawing in the fridge and finished up a few things before we headed over for the evening.

When my husband and I were engaged, we bought his childhood home. His mom and step-dad now live across the road in a home they built. I feel very lucky to have family so close--close enough that when your mother-in-law calls at 3:30 and invites you to dinner, it is super easy to say yes.

We had fun taking turns holding the baby and it was nice to catch up with everyone. The spaghetti and chocolate cake were delicious, and it was a nice, relaxing end to an equally nice and relaxing weekend.

As I sit here with my husband, the kids are bathed and tucked in to bed, I am warm under a blanket reflecting on the best kind of weekend. The kids got to play outside almost all day yesterday, we got a ton accomplished around the house, church service was inspiring this morning, and I feel refreshed and ready for work tomorrow morning.

I couldn't ask for a better end to a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. How lucky you were to get an invite for dinner. I never turn one down. It sounds like it was a pretty perfect weekend. That's the best way to get back to school.

    ReplyDelete