Monday, March 14, 2016

It's a Monday

Do you remember my nice, "the weekend was so relaxing and I am ready to take on the week" blog from yesterday? Yeah, well. Shortly after posting that, my oldest son came downstairs, clearly not feeling well. I spent half the night up with him and was tempted to call in to work, but since he could stay with Grandma today (another perk to family living so close), I powered through and headed to work. A few hours into the day, I thought to myself, "I should have called in." I knew it wasn't just me when I heard a colleague say, "Is there a full moon tonight?" Later, another colleague lamented about her day as well. It was definitely a Monday.

Now, I am home. Ah, home. Nothing better to cure a less than fantastic day. I sat on the porch and watched my children enjoy a bit of fresh air together. I made homemade mac and cheese and played dinosaurs with my son. I read my daughter stories and snuggled her close before tucking her in. My oldest son is on the mend (I hope) and I anticipate an early bedtime for me.  Bring on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment