Monday, March 5, 2018

Things You Don't Expect to Say to Your Children

When you are a parent or teacher, you are bound to say things you never thought you would have to say...like, "Please don't eat plastic," and, "Socks don't go in milk!"

I have been a parent for eight and a half years, and I said something tonight that I have never said to children and didn't think I ever would have to say to children.

"Stop smelling each other's armpits!!!"

I will just leave this one right here. Really, there's nothing more to say...

P.S. When do boys start wearing deodorant???

2 comments:

  1. At the beginning of the year I did a writing marathon with my fifth graders. We went into various classrooms for 2-3 minutes and wrote sentence starters for really good stories. We wrote about what we saw, smelled, and heard. My favorite was from a preschool teacher and she said, " Please take the rocks out of your mouth. I really don't want to take you to the hospital because they got stuck." P.S.-Usually around 4th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHA! This is perfect. Only because I can relate on so many levels. The things we say are hilarious sometimes. (Like, while I'm typing this comment and my daughter has tissue up her nose and put on lip balm, tissue sticks to her lip and I say, "Please don't eat that tissue," because apparently it still has to be said).

    ReplyDelete