Saturday, March 3, 2018

Gratitude Today

Recently at work, I started keeping a gratitude journal. I write down three things I am thankful for each day at work. Let's be honest...I TRY to remember to write down three things I am thankful for each day at work. I do not remember every day.

In the spirit of this, I plan to periodically include what I am thankful for on this blog. Some are small and of minor importance while some will never be able to fully express in words...but I will try.

Today, I am thankful for date night with my husband last night. We left our children with friends and headed out to a fish fry, just the two of us. In Wisconsin, fish fries are a big deal. We ate cheese curds, I had a grasshopper, the fish was delicious, and as we sat in the booth, next to each other, we talked and laughed...and no one interrupted us...except the waiter. It was great to hang out with my husband.

I am also thankful for a sunny day here in Wisconsin. My kids rode bikes today and no one had to wear a winter coat. It was lovely.

I am thankful for good friends who enjoy bargain-shopping at resale shops. Shopping and lunch with dear friends is good for the soul.

Finally, I am thankful we now have a working fireplace. Reading and enjoying my coffee in front of the fireplace is my favorite way to start the day on the weekends.

There you have it...a few things I am feeling especially thankful for today. Here's hoping you are finding the things that make you thankful, too.

1 comment:

  1. I love keeping track of the things we're thankful for! And after a date night, I can totally relate! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete