Thursday, March 22, 2018

Dear Community

I have read a few posts following a letter format and I decided to try it.

Dear Community,

Thank you for making such a great turn-out for our PTO dinner event tonight. So many of you came. You were laughing, chatting, enjoying dinner. Seeing so many kids, parents, grandparents, teachers and friends made me smile. So many of you volunteered. You were willing to chip in and work together to clear plates and clean tables. So many of you came to eat and ended up happily helping. Laughter and joy buzzed through the whole place. Warmth for all of you filled me as I worked alongside you. These events energize me. Your effort and enthusiasm energize me. Seeing all of us together tonight, smiling, eating, laughing--enjoying our community--reminds me of what a great little place we have here.

Thank you. Thank you for helping. Thank you for caring. Thank you for being my home. I love it here.

Always,
Sam

2 comments:

  1. This format works well to evoke your feelings of gratitude. I hope there's a way for those in the community to read this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rebecca, the letter format really does convey gratitude well. The description of people clearing tables and laughing and chatting shows the warmth of the event.

    ReplyDelete