Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A Spring Break Day

I am borrowing a format I read during this year's Slice of Life Challenge. Below are mini-slices, brief glimpses, from day two of Spring Break. I have time stamped them for perspective. It really was an awesome day.

7:00: I slept in!! I made myself a cup of coffee and settled on the couch for a little reading and writing to begin my day.

8:30: I returned from a quick run--lots to do today, so it was abbreviated but I'm so glad glad I squeezed it in. I love how I feel post running.

10:00: I have my three kiddos plus one and we are off to the trampoline park to meet friends.

11:30: These trampolines bring the kids so much joy. My oldest one figured out how to flip today. Eek!

1:30: My friend and I took six children (ranging from age 4-8) for sushi. First time for all of the kids. They put us in the back room (big surprise there). Five of the six kids tried it. Two really liked it, one kind of liked it, one did not like it and one picked all the meat out, "because I don't like the rice and the green stuff." My friend and I patted ourselves on the backs for an experiment that turned out all right. I mean, no one cried. Success. Seriously, that sushi experience could have been a slice all by itself. This really was a highlight of Spring Break.

3:00: I splurged for cupcakes for the kids because they ate sushi and nobody cried.

5:00: I am sitting at the kitchen table at my mom and dad's house, enjoying an adult beverage and catching up with them while the kids are playing games. Visiting my parents kind of feels like a mini-vacation.

6:00: My mom's lasagna is the best.

9:00: I am hanging out with my husband and my parents. The kids have gone to bed. My pajamas are on. Life is good.

Spring Break is the best.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. Full of fun, me-time, and family!

    ReplyDelete