Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Pet Dinosaur

I made the mistake of trying to write while my kids are awake. My husband is gone at a meeting, and since Fixer Upper is on tonight, I thought I'd write my slice now while the kids are playing so that when they go to bed, I can fold laundry and watch my show. Great plan. I sat down to write and got about a paragraph in and my son came in to write a song (Amazing! Wonderful! He is writing!!!!!). He needed help with every other word. It isn't easy to write when you are spelling every other word for someone else. No flow. Then, my daughter showed me her little pet dinosaur who was prancing around my stomach and then taking the arm slide down. At this point, I decided that this whole plan of mine to write while they were awake was not a good idea. So, here I am writing about it.

Later, maybe I will finish the other piece for tomorrow. After Fixer Upper.

4 comments:

  1. This is a funny little slice, and I really enjoyed it. I especially liked this part, " It isn't easy to write when you are spelling every other word for someone else."

    Thanks for the slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a precious slice about life with young children! Love that your son interrupted you because he was writing a song - that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds exactly like writing at my house when my kids are awake! Enjoy your grown up time when they're finally asleep and all is quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile in recognition. Funny what a great little slice it makes. It is honest & real & it resonates with me!

    ReplyDelete