Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Requests from the Back

"Mommy, can you play "No Way Out?""
From the backseat, I hear my oldest requesting "No Easy Way Out" from the Rocky soundtrack.
"Sure." I happily play one of the newest additions to my running playlist. Pretty soon I hear my younger son.
"Mommy, can I hear "Ghostbusters?"" This is one of his favorite songs right up there with "Baby, It's Cold Outside," which he STILL requests even though it is April and I have taken it off of my iPhone.  After that, we listen to "Uptown Funk" which my oldest LOVES.  

Just like I do, my kids go through phases of music.  They really like to hear some songs over and over and over again and then, eventually, they move on to something else.  Like every other preschooler in the world, my son requested "Let it Go" every time we were in the car ALL. SUMMER. LONG. During the Christmas season, Mason's requests were "Rudolph" and "Frosty" and Jack had two different versions of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" he enjoyed. My husband preferred the Willie Nelson version. 

They sing along with me from the backseat and I love that we can enjoy music together.  I love they have preferences and make requests...even if that means I have listened to "Ghostbusters" more than any one person really should. :-) 

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great that song is a part of your car ride experience! I would take impromptu sing alongs over car dvd players any day! You can feel the love and bond of your family! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that they have such varied tastes!! Baby It's Cold Outside is one of my favorites too. I actually have a Christmas CD I listen to pretty much any time of year. I find I especially like it around May/June.

    ReplyDelete